Today in the beauty section i will share with you the DIY banana facial mask i tried few weeks ago.
You know i am all about a healthy and glowing skin so anything that make my skin look good i am here for it.
If you want tips on how to have a better skin click on the link 5-beauty-tips-a-better-skin to read more about it.
Banana is one of the fruits mostly used to make facial mask.
It contains many vitamins and minerals that make it more useful in the beauty world.
Banana contains vitamin A,B,E and Potassium.
Vitamin A: Helps in fading dark spots,blemishes and also moisturize the skin.
Vitamin B: reduce the dryness by moisturizing the skin.
Potassium: it also moisturize and hydrate the skin.
Vitamin E: known as a ” protector” it support the immune system and cell function.
How much did you know about the banana ?
Keep on reading then.
1. TYPES OF FACIAL MASKS MADE WITH THE BANANA
When you mix the banana with other ingredients you can create different facial mask with different purpose.
They are a lot of different facial masks some of them are:
- Skin lightening banana face mask : this one is made by mixing 1 ripe of banana,1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of honey.
- Pimple fighting banana facial mask : made by mixing 1 small banana, 1/2 tsp of baking soda, 1/2 of turmeric powder.
- Wrinkle removing mask: made by mixing 1 ripe of banana, 1 tsp of orange juice, 1 tsp of yogurt.
Today i am sharing with you a different mask i call it a ” Moisturizing banana mask” cause when i used it , it moisturized my skin and i am going to share with you the experience.
MOISTURIZING BANANA FACIAL MASK.
When i made this facial mask i wanted to do the skin lightening banana face mask but because i didn’t have the lemon juice i decided to use the white of the egg.
I didn’t know the end results but i went for it, you have try different things to see if it works.
The end result was satisfying my skin was moisturized and glowing and it was a WIN WIN for me.
Ingredients used: 1 ripe of banana , 1 tsp of honey and white of the egg
1. THE ROLE OF INGREDIENTS USED
- Role of the banana
As i said in the beginning the banana can be used to create different mask with different purpose.
It contains vitamins and minerals that help in moisturizing the skin.
- Role of Honey
Honey has antioxidants, antiseptic and anti bacterial properties. When applied to the skin it keep it hydrated and keep your pores free of oily dirt.
It also has skin lightening and moisturizing properties.
- Role of the white of the egg
It has many beauty benefits that i shared in my recent blog post click here to read them all how-to-get-a-skin-glowing.
2. HOW TO PREPARE THE BANANA FACIAL MASK
It is simple :
- Take a small bowl and add 1 ripe of banana, smash it with a fork until you have no lumps in the paste.
- Add the white of the egg and mix very well
- Add 1 tea spoon of honey mix it very well
- Voila you have your mask ready !
3. HOW TO APPLY THE BANANA FACIAL MASK
Before applying the facial mask make sure your skin is clean, never apply the facial mask on a dirty skin.
- Use clean hands to apply the mask on your clean face
- Wait for 15 minutes
- Wash your face gently with warm water and VOILA DONE
That is all , it is easy and effective .
This is my face after applying the facial mask, you can watch the whole journey in my ig story highlights called Facial masks.
Have you ever used a banana facial mask before?
Share your thoughts in the comment section below. xoxo